The 3 types of visum in Denmark
- Short term visa (Tourist visum).
- Limited visa (2-4 years visa – often Greencard and so on)
- Unlimited visa or known as Permanent residence permit.
The Ministry of Justice hold the responsibility for the overall justice system – This includes immigration. The department of immigration is called ‘Udlændingestyrelsen‘.
This means that all the cases regarding:
- Humanitarian residence permit.
- Family reunion.
- EU and Nordic citizenships.
is under the Ministry of Justice while
- Au pairs.
- Study visa.
is under the Ministry of Employment.